THE MEDICAL TEAM, INC. is a privately held company established in 1978 and headquartered in suburban Washington, DC (Reston, VA). Our family of companies includes: THE MEDICAL TEAM, INC., Med Team, Inc., THE MEDICAL TEAM Personal Care Services and Catastrophic Care Solutions. The company has operated home care agencies in Louisiana since 1979, in Texas and Michigan since 1983, and in Virginia since 1985. Each is licensed and certified to provide services under Medicare and Medicaid. All agencies are Tricare in-network providers and preferred providers for numerous insurance plans.
For many consecutive years, the company has been named to the HomeCare Elite, a compilation of the top-performing Medicare-certified home health care agencies in the United States. (Data is based on publicly available information from Home Health Compare and the CMS Cost Reports.) Over 10,000 agencies are included in this annual analysis.
The company is accredited in Michigan, Texas and Virginia by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP), the accrediting body for community-based healthcare organizations. Receiving CHAP accreditation is an indication of organizational excellence and quality performance.
Our mission is to provide high-quality, cost-effective healthcare services that are responsive to the needs of our patients and clients.
Our vision is to serve as the healthcare provider of choice within the communities we serve.
- Attain and maintain clinical excellence.
- Consistently achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Be an employer of choice in our industry.
- Maintain the financial health of the company.
Our TEAM Members
Our skilled, compassionate and caring staff are dedicated to improving our patients` quality of life.
- Nurses bring experience in many specialty areas, including critical care, geriatrics, home infusion therapy and patient education/disease management.
- Physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, and medical social workers have appropriate home health and/or post-acute experience.
- Certified nursing assistants (CNA’s), home health aides and personal care attendants provide personal care and support services.
- Our clinical staff are supported by service coordinators, nurse liaisons, and community representatives facilitating care to our patients as well as accounting and administrative personnel.
- We are proud that many of our team members throughout the company have been with us for over fifteen years. Our staff members reflect the diversity within the communities we serve.
Message from the President
THE MEDICAL TEAM strives to maximize quality of life and independence for individuals who require health care or supportive services to live safely and comfortably at home. We are proud to serve our nation’s veterans, and returning servicemen and women, many of whom have suffered catastrophic injuries during their service to our country.
We coordinate with the patient’s physician, family and other concerned parties to ensure the best possible care and outcomes. The patient’s welfare is always our number one concern.
We take pride in having earned a reputation over the years for clinical excellence, customer service and innovation. We are committed to meeting the highest standards of ethics throughout the organization.
Our achievements are possible thanks to the efforts of our hardworking staff. We are thankful to have many “unsung heroes” in our ranks who routinely go the extra mile to get the job done.
In home health care, the choice is yours. We hope you will choose THE MEDICAL TEAM.
President & CEO